Garmin Forerunner 735XT Launched
This is a heads up regarding the new TRIATHLETE’s watch from Garmin. The Garmin Forerunner 735XT is out now and available for a limited time only from WIGGLE
For anyone familiar with the Forerunner 920XT .. it’s NOT as technical as that model. It’s closer to the Forerunner 235 with added multisport support. So it’s a sort of hybrid between a cut-down version of the 920XT with added off the wrist HR sensors and a multisport supporting Forerunner 235… We’ve prepared an initial review of the Forerunner 735XT here. It’s still work in progress, but we think it gives the most important facts.
Please note. To get the benefit of some of the technical training effect and recovery features you may still need to use a chest strap.
Unfortunately I’ve not got my hands on one yet, but we hope to get one in the next few weeks. In the meantime, here’s a few marketing photos, some text from Wiggle’s site slightly edited and a couple of Forerunner 735XT videos to get those transitional juices flowing !
Top Features of the Garmin Forerunner 735XT GPS Watch
- • Lightweight GPS multisport watch for tracking training data for running, cycling, swimming, multisport, hiking, skiing, strength, paddle sports and cardio
- • Tracks heart rate at the wrist day or night, to provide more accurate calories burned information
- • Running/Cycling dynamics provide information on stride length, ground contact time, balance, vertical ratio, power phase, platform centre offset and more
- • Swimming features: swim workouts, drill logging, rest timer, swim distance, stroke type/count and pool lengths
- • Smart Notifications: receive texts, emails, calls, and social media alerts on your watch
- • Activity tracking measures steps, sleep and calories burned all day. Water resistant (50m)
- • Completely connected with the full range of Garmin Varia cycling awareness products
- (courtesy of Wiggle UK website)
At the press of a button, the auto multisport feature provides a seamless transition as you move from the pool to the bike and from your bike to the track. The Forerunner 735XT is compatible with advanced workouts for running, cycling and even pool swimming. Create your own custom workouts and download for free from Garmin Connect.
Advance running dynamics/VO2 > Running dynamics provide information on stride length, ground contact time, balance, vertical ratio, power phase, platform centre offset and more. (courtesy of Wiggle UK website)
Forerunner 735XT is water resistant (up to 50m) with a rechargeable battery. Up to 11 days in watch mode, up to 14 hours in GPS/training mode and up to 24 hours in UltraTrac mode. Connectivity is via Ant+, Bluetooth Smart and USB.
Garmin Forerunner 735XT Videos