About Heart Rate Monitor UK
Before I tell you more about HeartRateMonitor.co.uk please may I just remind you what we offer from this website
When I founded this website it’s fair to say it was a little bit ahead of the game. It was one of the first online retail outlets for Heart Rate Monitor sales in the UK. Initially we sold just ProActiv and CardioSport HRM’s and then spread to Polar and Timex. By the time Google came online, in 1999, HeartRateMonitor UK had established itself as the UK’s leading independent retailer of heart rate monitors and fitness watches.
How does this site work?
1) Online SALES. This site is authorised to sell both Suunto & Polar fitness products in the UK. You may purchase safely, securely and quickly from the online store. I know these prices are not the cheapest online but I have an unmatched product awareness and maintain the highest levels of customer service at all times.
2) REVIEWS. I review all the latest fitness bands, heart rate monitors and activity trackers from all the top brands. Following a 3 – 4 week test period I publish my impartial reviews of these fitness products to help you decide what’s best for your needs and budget.
3) The Latest NEWS. I do my very best to bring you the latest news and product updates from the main brands. This market moves very quickly and I want to make you aware of the latest product news and what I’ll be testing next
4) Promotions and Sales. We get notified of the very latest and greatest sales and promotions from leading online sports retailers including Wiggle, Amazon, Sweatband, John Lewis, Ribble Cycles, Evans Cycles and Tesco Direct.
Online Sales – Polar & Suunto only
I only sell Suunto & Polar heart rate monitors from the secure online store. All products are held in stock in the UK and ship the same day for all orders placed before 3pm (mon-fri). We want you to support a brand that has been servicing online customers for many years. I do not try to have the lowest prices online, what I offer instead is a level of service that is rare and hard to find in many online retailers. I will always go that extra mile to make sure you get what you want and very importantly, you know how to use it. If, after reviewing the products in our store and through the reviews you just want the lowest price, please go to our preferred shopping partner for an unbeatable deal.
Impartial Reviews and Lowest Prices
As well as selling Polar and Suunto fitness monitors we review products from all the main competitors including Garmin, Suunto, TomTom and Fitbit. For each product review we provide a link to our preferred shopping partner offering the lowest online prices. Please click the “Price Checker” links to get the lowest online prices .
- Need help choosing your HRM. Please use our online HRM selector form
- Need a book or guide then please browse the best heart rate monitor training books here
- What’s an HRM? Why do I need HR zones? Got some question go to our HRM FAQ section
- Want the latest deal then please check the latest Voucher Codes for Wiggle, John Lewis, Ribble, Amazon, Evans & Sweatband
Tristan and Louise have been involved with fitness watches since 1996. We really do use these products. Unfortunately, there are a few BLOG review sites that use test reviews from other websites and simply cut and paste them to their own website. NOT US. Tristan also contributes to product reviews on Amazon’s UK site.
I am out 2 or 3 days a week using heart rate monitors, GPS watches and activity trackers. If you want to know what I’ve been up to in the last few weeks, please feel free to have a browse over my activity on STRAVA, cycling only here (right)
Tristan set the site up in 1996 to sell heart rate monitors to customers who wanted help choosing the HRM that was right for their needs and budget. Tristan is passionate about enjoying life to the maximum. His passions are his family and his love of windsurfing (Speedsailing), running and cycling (road and MTB). As well as managing this website, Tristan also works as a self employed CAA qualified Drone Pilot from DroneVista.co.uk, providing aerial photography and video to clients around Norfolk
Louise is also a keen runner and member of Ryston Runners since 2011. Lou has completed several full marathons and many halfs. Lou’s favourite place to run is the promenade in Hunstanton, with her friends, daughters, dogs or just battling the elements on her own. Since quitting as director at BHIP Ltd, Louise has set up a successful gardening business, balanis.co.uk – however, she is still involved with testing the latest fitness trackers.
Norfolk Aerial Drone Photography
More recently Tristan has found a new hobby and subsequently business. RC Drones for aerial photography. Please pop over to DroneVista.co.uk for more information on this new venture
More about our history….
For 14 years we maintained a position of respect serving over 300,000 customers with goods from Polar, Suunto, Garmin, CardioSport, WahooFitness, iThlete and even with our own BHIP Ltd products.
Unfortunately, in 2013, we had to accept the facts that the market had changed out of all proportion and it was now a matter of low prices taking precedence OVER quality service and unbiased, objective customer support. In Nov 2013, that we reluctantly decided to close the website to ONLINE sales and instead, use it as a medium to showcase the latest products from all the leading brands… which is where we are now.
However… in June 2016 we started selling online again. This time focusing ONLY on the Polar and Suunto range of fitness products and heart rate monitors. We believe there is still a market for the discerning customer looking for a good price along with the BEST customer service. That’s what you’ll get when you buy a heart rate monitor from us.
We continue to review competitors products and we know that not everyone is going to buy their Polar HRM from us. That’s why we have given the visitor direct links to the most trusted and lowest prices stores online. When you click the CHECK PRICE button you are taken to our affiliated shopping partners. If you buy from these suppliers we get a small commission incentive… it’s not much, but it helps pay the bills.
Thank you for visiting.